Nuffnang Contents

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Nightmare on Elm Street screening

Date: 11 May 2010
Time: 9pm
Venue: GSC @ Mid Valley
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
Starring : Jackie Earle Haley, Kyle Gallner, Rooney Mara, Katie Cassidy, Thomas Dekker and Kellan Lutz
Director : Samuel Bayer
Production : Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller
Screenwriter : Wesley Strick, Eric Heisserer and Wes Craven
Plot :
Freddy Krueger returns in A Nightmare on Elm Street, a contemporary re-imagining of the horror classic. A group of surburban teenagers share one common bond: they are all being stalked by Freddy Krueger, a horribly disfigured killer who hunts them in their dreams. As long as they stay awake, they can protect one another…but when they sleep. there is no escape.

Personal Comment :
I did not watch the previous one so I can't really compare this with the previous one.
But here are some comments I want to bring up.
Actor's acting
most of the actors did not really perform/act well to boost up this movie.
The 2 actors which I think is great are
Jackie Earle Haley act as Freddy Krueger
-he is suppose to be the main attraction, and yeah! he did act well, giving us a scarry Freedy.
and Rooney Mara acted as Nancy Thompson
Repeated dialogues like:"if you sleep, you will die in your dream.", makes me feel like the actor have nothing better to say?
Effects(blood scene)
the effect is quite real, blood scene is enough to horrify us, especially the first part.
Horrify
it is quite normal, that the background music is able to horrify us.
overall, it is still worth trying to watch this movie, if you are a fan of thrilling movie like me.

Personal Rating:
Plot --> 6/10
Horrify --> 7.5/10
Thrilling --> 7/10
Effect --> 7/10
Overall --> 7/10

Jason(Smashpop) gave me 5 invites, I invited Jason, Henry, Li Kee & Jayleo's friend.
First, meet up with Jason Goh and then meet up with PeiLi(krazy), JayLeo, Feeq, Jason Tuang & Pei li's friend.
We had dinner at I love Yoo,
(famous with porridge & You Tiao)

Lining up to take our tickets
*LiKee, Yennie doll, & friends* and also met up with Tonin
Special thanks to Smashpop.net - Adverlets for the invites!
THE END!

15 comments:

  1. aiyo.....tempted to watch but who should i go with?? decisioin.....decisioin....

    ReplyDelete
  2. n im gonna watch it. lolx! waitin for my dates! weeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... yeah u missed tuo-nin~ haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The way the victim being murdered make me sick n can't stand to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Scary for a weak heart person like me! But haha! I managed to sleep well yesterday night :D yeah I agree with you,the effect was good..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Must watch it with a girl to enjoy the fun. ;op

    ReplyDelete
  7. This version not as good as the last few ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. SHIT! I forget to reply comments here! let me go 1 by 1!
    @ohmywtf, with your admire hot girl!

    @Tonin, added you @ the post! sorry!

    @Nana Lana, I am glad that you are not afraid, don't cover your eyes!

    @Henry lee, added Tonin!

    @Nebular, omg! that is the best part!

    @Liki, lol! I am just glad that you don't scream!

    @Kia Tang, you have to find a girl date

    @Kelvin, didn't watch the last few one, can't judge about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only 7/10? I thought it would be more heh so should i watch or not leh? :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi baboon, thanks for the info. I'd watch the old movie in my childhood days and it was really terrifying. I will try to watch the new version to compare

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Hilda Milda, it can't be go more than 7, cause the actor's acting is like so shity.

    @Kenzo, haha! you are afraid?

    @Supermommyjem, woots! serious? I think I shall go watch the old version of it and compare.

    @Smashpop nice meeting you too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wah the movie looks scary. Its been a long time that I have not seen any movie to scare myself. Lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

welcome to